The mission of Greensburg Central Catholic Junior-Senior High School is to promote the formation of students within a community of faith.
We are a diocesan co-educational school providing a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum centered on the teachings of the Catholic Church, incorporating the Gospel values of Jesus Christ, and designed to meet a variety of academic, spiritual, and social needs.
As a college preparatory Catholic school, inclusive of grades 7-12, we educate students of diverse faiths and backgrounds. Our students will learn to integrate critical reasoning, scholastic achievement, and the search for truth within the convictions of Catholic teaching rooted in faith, moral responsibility, and service to the global community.
Our students will be educated and impassioned to lead extraordinary lives in the Catholic tradition.
And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, saw how he died, he said, “Surely this man was the Son of God!” Mark 15:39
Centered on the charism of the centurion, who professed the truth of Jesus Christ at the foot of the cross, Greensburg Central Catholic Junior-Senior High School strives to form Christian disciples and to create an educational community where the pursuit of truth is critical for learning and moral development.
As a community of faith, our school is committed to helping students live the harmony between our Gospel values and our daily conduct as committed Christian disciples seeking salvation.
- Faith: We live the Gospel values, as faithful Catholic stewards who act with courage and inspire with leadership.
- Dignity: We celebrate the dignity of every human person through our empathy and respect.
- Integrity: We foster integrity evident through accountability, discipline, and honesty.
- Justice: We advocate justice tempered by compassion and righteousness.
We believe that:
- Catholic education is a responsibility shared by all members of the family, parish, school, and Diocese of Greensburg.
- Catholic Schools are centered in Christ’s teachings and Catholic doctrine.
- Each student is created with unique talents and intellect.
- Our rigorous curriculum challenges students to achieve their potential as they strive for excellence within the formation of the faith, academics, and success in life.
- Students have a right to a safe, positive, nurturing learning environment with mutual respect demonstrated throughout the school community.
- Catholic schools encourage students to serve the Church and the greater community, through lifelong evangelization.
Profile of Our Graduates
Graduates of the schools of the Diocese of Greensburg will be:
Knowledgeable: Students have mastered a strong academic foundation and are able to apply skills, facts, and knowledge in real world environments.
Future Ready: Students are able to think critically, solve problems, use information, communicate and innovate. They are flexible, adaptive, collaborative, creative and globally aware and are able to compete in a global society.
Educators: Students will find ways to share their faith and academic knowledge with others.
Leaders: Students will be able to work cooperatively for the good of all, accepting the freedom and responsibility leadership brings. They will be encouraged to act with integrity, and to make ethical, responsible, and moral decisions.
Disciples of Christ: Students will evangelize through their words and actions.
Problem Solvers: Students will develop their natural curiosity and encounter the world and embrace the future with a sense of imagination and wonder. They will acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning. They will apply thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems and develop solutions.
Catholic Social Teachers: Students will show empathy, compassion, and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They will have a personal commitment to service, and to making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Life Long Learners: Students will work to build personal growth and are intrinsically motivated to continue the learning process throughout one’s life.