A line spoken by Bishop Hugh L. Lamb, the founding bishop of our high school and first bishop of the Diocese of Greensburg, during the dedication of Greensburg Central Catholic High School, November 29, 1959, speaks to our general mission, "It is the formation of character, according to the doctrine and precepts of Christ that Catholics regard as the supreme goal of education."
Belief and Practices
We believe that all knowledge originates with and flows from God. Therefore, our educational environment is gospel centered and value based, and reflects the teachings of the Catholic Church. We respect the individuality of each student, and acknowledge the unique challenges of adolescence. Our holistic education process provides opportunities for academic, spiritual, physical, interpersonal, and emotional development. We have charted a course that integrates personal development and accountability to self and community. Our mission is to empower our students with the education necessary to live as responsible Christians in a complex world.
Faith in Action
At Greensburg Central Catholic, students have opportunities to develop, express, and practice their faith through many activities and service projects.
- Prayer Services
- Class Retreats
- Reconciliation Services
- Liturgical Seasonal Celebrations
- Liturgical Ministers
- Diocesan Youth Celebration
- National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC)
- Columbian Squires
- Columbian Squire Roses
- Vocation Awareness
- Volunteer at Area Food Bank
- Seasonal Food Bank Collections
- Volunteer Service at Clelian Heights School for Exceptional Children
- Assist at Diocesan Retreat for terminally ill and physically disabled
- Assist at Chrism Mass
- Special Olympics (Fall, Winter and Spring)
- Pregnancy Center Outreach
- Volunteer with You've Got A Friend
- Stewardship Hike